Gala Gifts for Schools Competition – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Prize Details: One overall prize of €10,000 and two runner up prizes; 1 of 2 €5,000 cash prizes – to 3 Irish Primary Schools.
- Primary schools are invited to submit one video, up to a maximum of 30 seconds in length, telling Gala Retail and its judging panel how the school would spend prize money, were they to win the competition. A maximum of one entry per person and per school will be accepted during the promotion period.
- This promotion is open to all residents of the ROI on behalf of a primary school, excluding employees of the Promoter (‘Gala Retail Services), their agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion. Any person under the age of 18 must not enter on someone’s behalf without parental consent.
- This promotion opens on 26th February and closes on 26th March 23.59 GMT(“Closing Date”) Primary schools wishing to enter the competition must record a video up to a maximum of 30 seconds in duration and upload to either of the following video hosting platforms – YouTube or Vimeo
- All entries must be made via the www.Gala.ie website in the ‘Gala Retail Gifts for Schools’ area during the promotional period, where a school will be asked to enter the URL at which their entry video is hosted on Vimeo or YouTube, along with school name, location and other requested mandatory information – emails and other forms of entry are not accepted; bulk entries (meaning the use of any form of technology which allows multiple entries) are not allowed. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that they enter correctly. No responsibility is taken for entries that are delayed, lost or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entrants must have access to the Internet.
- No purchase is necessary.
- If more than one application is received from any school, only the first application will count.
By entering this Promotion, the school agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions:
- By entering, all entrants agree to the Promoter announcing them as winners and using their entry across their social media channels and through online channels and agree to take part in any publicity arising from the Promotion and authorises the Promoter’s inclusion in any third party publicity.
- That their school name and county may be released if they win or are shortlisted as a finalist
- That their school name and video (including shots of pupils) may be used by Gala Retail for promotional purposes during and after the competition for an unspecified period, including mention in press releases and online materials
- Your data will be held by Gala Retail and can be shared with its estate of stores. It will not be sold but may be passed to third parties such as the promoter’s estate of stores.
- Your data will be held by Gala Retail and can be used for promotional and PR purposes for an unspecified period of time.
- Your data will/may be used for the following: (i) to check that schools comply with these terms and are eligible to apply; (ii) to notify successful applicants; (iii) to administer the Promotion; (iv) to evaluate the effectiveness of the initiative and to obtain schools’ feedback; (v) if the initiative is a success and we repeat it, the data will be used to approach the schools to see if they would like to participate again.
- Gala Retail Services reserves the right to maintain copyright of all video submissions.
- By entering this promotion via gala.ie; by filling in the details required and submitting your entry, you are deemed to have accepted all applicable terms and conditions and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- By accepting the checked box, consent is given to disclose personal data relating to participants which can be used for the purposes of this promotion, receipt of electronic communications from Gala Retail Services and can be disclosed to a third party for the purpose of electronic communications. Users can unsubscribe from any of our email communications at any time by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link that appears in the footer of all email communications. Gala Retail Services does not make any representation or warranty with respect to the content of any direct marketing messages or any goods or services that may be obtained from such third parties, and the User agrees that Gala Retail Services shall not have any liability with respect thereof.
- There will be 3 winners in total who will be selected at random (under independent supervision), from all qualifying submitted entries. Entries will be judged by a panel of 3 (three) judges, who will judge the entries based on the creativity displayed in creating the video and information on how the money could benefit the school/ would be spent on improving the schools. After the closing date, the selected winner’s will be contacted by the 9th April, by email or phone.
- The promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- The Promoter will make more than one attempt to contact the winner if contact cannot be made in the first instance. If the prize is unclaimed after four weeks, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules and drawn at the same time. In the case that a substitute winner is chosen, the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share in the prize
- Details of the school winners’ name and county can be obtained 4 weeks after the promotion closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Prize Draw, Gala Retail Services Limited, Summit House, Embassy Office Park, Kill, Co. Kildare.
- The winner may be asked to confirm their full name, primary school name, telephone number, email address and primary school address, proof of age and other reasonable information.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at any stage. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions or entrants whose conduct or content is inappropriate.
- The Promotion is subject to the laws of Ireland. Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes and shall not have any liability to any entrant or winner in connection with or arising out of this Promotion howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability for personal injury or death caused by its negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph shall also apply in respect of any Prize provided by a third party provider.
- Promoter: The Promoter of this offer is Gala Retail Services Limited, a company registered in Ireland, under company number 288855, registered address Gala Retail Services Limited, , Summit House, Embassy Office Park, Kill, Co. Kildare, Ireland